Thursday 21 May 2020

When life brings you lemons...

... make lemonade. So the saying goes, but I much prefer the snarkier version on this stamp from Rubberdance.


And for an extra shot of snark, I made a card that would have worked perfectly with the more traditional version of the saying. 

I used a Crafters Companion stamp set that Santa brought me and hadn't seen ink yet. I stamped  the lemons, masked them then stamped splodges and bubbles all around. Then I stamped a block of tiny bubbles around the edge with clear ink to form a wide border and heat embossed with holographic powder. You can't see the sparkly shine very well in the photo but in real life it does add a lemonade sparkle to the card.  After all the stampy embossy stuff was done, I removed the masking and coloured the lemons. Then I went and had a much deserved refreshing beverage. 

I used a lemon pearl embossing powder to stamp the sentiment onto black card - I'm going through a bit of a phase of embossing sentiments in white on black and this is a nice variation on the theme. 

Naturally I am sharing this with the Sistahs over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - Y is for yellow - and isn't Edna looking glamorous today? 

9 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

I'd put my lemons in a G and T. Love the zingy card you've created. Love Dawn x

Crafting Queen said...

Love this card and what a great idea! x

Helen said...

Perfect card for our Yellow challenge! Awesome quote and love those lemons! Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! ((HUGS)) Helen

Donna said...

Mmmmmm mmmm mmmmmm
Love your yellows (lemons are my fave!)
Thanks for coming home to the sisterhood (not like you ever left...or that we would let ya!)

Lindsey said...

Ah, here's the snarky sister I love - adding an alcoholic twist to our Yellow challenge! Gorgeous background for the delicious lemons and perfect sentiment!

JulieP said...

Personally I use my lemons mixed with Titos Vodka for the perfect Lemon Drop Martini :-) but a cocktail is a cocktail!!!! Love your fun background! Happy to see you!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

I say ignore the lemons and just bring out the tequiia. Thanks for joining the sisterhood.

Dotty Jo said...

Love it, Jane! Jo x

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Gorgeous background for the delicious lemons, and the sentiment is perfect!!! Love this card!
Hugs from your new follower, Mariann