Sunday 24 May 2020

Little Miss Daydream

This cute little girl is lost in a daydream - perhaps she's thinking about her birthday party (which is probably going to be a Zoom one!)  and wondering if it will work?


I've had this Whoopsi Daisy digi for about 5 years and this is the first time I have used it. Every time I look at it, I get the feeling something isn't quite right about it. And while I was colouring it yesterday I realised what it is - the girl has SIX fingers on her right hand. A descendant of Ann Boleyn perhaps?

Anyway, I coloured her with Promarkers and cut her out, leaving out the cats that were part of the image,  then took a selection of papers to make the layers. The check, stripe and floral papers are all snippets left over from a previous project, that had been printed out from the Funky Hands CD "V. Funky" and the dotty paper is just a scrap from my snippets box that happened to co-ordinate. I used a selection of stitched border dies to cut out the papers and the sentiment - another old digi from my collection, which I think was a freebie on a blog many years ago.  The tiny dotty pre-made bow was a serendipitous find in my embellishment box.

I am sharing this with

Allsorts Challenge - Ginghams, Stripes and Dots 

The CD Sunday Challenge Blog - Anything goes CD/Digi 

Use Your Stuff - Patterns 

Passion for Promarkers - Spots and/or Stripes 

13 comments:

Carol said...

Isn't that odd about the extra finger? And well spotted. Better than those that 'proofread' the Digi. Love the colours and the serendipitous bow.
Thanks for joining us again Jane and so early.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Jocelyn said...

Despite her extra digit she is very cute. I love that you managed to find some ribbon to match the bows in her hair.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Crafting Queen said...

Really cute card.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah shes so sweet, I wouldn't have noticed her extra finger. Hazel xx

brenda said...

A very different card from you Jane but so beautifully done in gorgeous colours, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Ginghams, Stripes and Spots' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Pamela said...

The colours all work really well together Jane. Thanks for joining in and being 'first past the post'!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Linda Mc Enery said...

What a strange thing! I honestly wouldn't have noticed anything odd about the image, but I can imagine while colouring it, that strange little detail would have popped out. You've done a beautiful job with her. I love the look on her face and I love the story you've imagined for her. Beautiful papers and a stunning card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Passion for Promarkers!
Linda

Ella's Design said...

Cute card, Jane! Your paper choices work brilliantly with that fab layout and your colouring of that sweet Whoopsi Daisy girl is great (despite her sixth digit!?! I wouldn't have noticed unless you pointed it out)
Thanks for playing along with our Anniversary challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week! Lisa x

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful image and the colour work so well together
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Crafty KJ said...

Aw this is so sweet and I love this cute image! Love all your papers - a great way to use all those bits we can't throw away! Your colour scheme is fab too - a really lovely card. Thanks so much for joining in with our special Anniversary challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers. Hugs, Karen xx

Seafield Jo said...

Well spotted Jane! You've made a lovely card. I love your choice of colours and your fab layout.

Jo x

Mummylade said...

Lovely colours! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

Tammy L said...

Great color scheme and I love the layers of the different patterned paper. You drew theme together really well. Thanks for joining us at UYS and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT Co-ordinator