Sunday 3 May 2020

Black butterfly

I made this card using the die set that came with a recent issue of Paper Crafter magazine. I was actually sent it to try before the magazine was published - I love the butterfly die but oh my, that large floral corner is a pain to extract from the die, even with waxed paper!


Dies are great for using up snippets, aren't they?  And as I often use black for matting, I do tend to have a LOT  of black snippets. I thought the butterfly looks rather like a Monarch butterfly, so I also used a snippet of patterned orange and green paper from a very old K & Co pad.

I cut the butterfly out of the white square then backed the opening with the patterned paper. Then I die cut  the butterfly again from black, inserted it into the opening and ran the whole lot through the Grand Calibur with the embossing plates to give it a neat finish. Then I stamped the sentiment, positioned the panel on the card base and added the black die cuts.

I am sharing this with

A Bit More Time To Craft Extra - Anything goes 

Allsorts Challenge - Butterflies 

Pixies Snippets Playground - Challenge 377 

Crafty Calendar - Black and White 

Little Red Wagon - White Space  

Butterfly Challenge - Letter X - Xicetic and Xtra colours

Watercooler Wednesday - Anything Goes 




14 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card love the butteerfly

Dotty Jo said...

Worth all the effort though Jane, it's lovely, Jo x

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card, love how you did the butterfly.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and dies-love the butterfly
Carol x

brenda said...

A prettily designed Butterfly creation, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Jane! I feel your pain with the die, even using waxed paper as well.

I did point folk to your blog today as your use of the CB Rainy Days set isn't as cluttered as mine. Much more stylish.

About cooking - been drooling over your wonderful soups. Have you tried making 'Milk Fadge' bread - as opposed to the other version which uses potatoes? It's on my list to try - no yeast 'kneaded' :) Found the recipe here: https://www.lavenderandlovage.com/2012/11/rural-store-cupboard-supplies-sepia-saturday-and-milk-fadge-emergency-bread-no-yeast-recipe.html Tried her Stottie Cake recipe, which does use yeast, the other day (it's bread not cake as I bet you know) and did a Happy Dance. Took me right back to Northumberland. Just needed some homecooked ham and pease pudding to go with it. Dear god - I'll be the size of a house after this lot ends!

Hugs

Di xx

Imke said...

Wonderful butterfly card, Jane. And great for our Challenge @ Little Red Wagon "White Space". Thanks for joining us and i hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Tristan said...

You're butterfly just pops of your black and white card - lovely. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

Zoechaos said...

This is beautiful and the colour combination both striking and perfect. x

Mia said...

Beautiful! Great popping up butterfly! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Calendar with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Crafty Calendar
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Mrs A. said...

Love the black elements on this card. Those corners do look a bit fiddly . I have a few dies that won't cut cleanly even with the wax paper. A shame as most of them I would use again if not such a feat of engineering to use. Just ordered my second of fruit from M & S and trying their veggie box as it has a different selection in it. Made a pineapple unspide down pudding using the pineapple up. Making chocolate and vanilla marble cup cakes tonight and the hot pot is cooking mince and using up the carrots and onion from my first veggie box. The bread maker has just pinged yo sash the loaf is ready too. Never done so much baking in my life. Spotted Di's comment above so of to investigate. Thsnkyou fir coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Mummylade said...

Lovely project! Thank you for entering our butterfly-challenge at Allsorts this week.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x