Monday 3 May 2021

Christmas flowers

 Hi friends. Mum's still poorly but not as bad as she was - she's been moved between the rehab centre and hospital a couple of times, and because of covid precautions, every time she moves back to the rehab centre from the hospital she has to start quarantine again, so she's feeling very lonely, not even able to meet the other patients. We're waiting to see whether the latest treatment the hospital gave her is working, so fingers and toes are all crossed. 

I've been crafting like a maniac to take my mind off things, so I'll probably be doing a couple of blog posts every day for a few days. I'm just bursting with ideas at the moment so there are lots more cards to come! 


Here's a Christmas card - perfect for the May bank holiday! I wanted to try using an inky background in a very CAS way. I inked the background in shades of red and green (it really is green even though it looks yellow in the photo) then stamped the poinsettia cluster, from a Creative Stamping set from a couple of years ago, positioning it so the main flower was roughly over the darkest red area. Yes, I know the red part isn't the flower - the flowers are what look like the stamens. I die cut the image - and the sentiment, also from the same stamp set, with stitch edged dies and finished the flower centre and berries with liquid pearls. 

I am sharing this with 

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes  

Fab'n'Funky - Christmas 

Fezziwig's Festive Frolics - Festive Florals 




3 comments:

Swissie said...

Wonderful card, Jane!
I wish you and your mother all the best!
Hugs, Liv

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is such a pretty make, I love the colours you have gone for. Sorry to hear about your Mum. Hope she is on the mend soon. Thanks for joining in with me at Fezziwigs, Hazelx

Pat K said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx