Saturday 22 May 2021

Retro Music

 This week I saw an ad for a craft magazine that had freebies of  die cuts and papers that seem to be designed to work with the Hunkydory retro music stamp sets. I didn't buy the mag, but the bright, cheerful colours in the ad prompted me to get out my stamps and have a play. 


I used my Hougie board to create a stepper card, then made a  stencilled music background to fit the large panel and one randomly stamped with musical notation for the half-height step. Then I went to town with layering, stamping and colouring, all in bright, bold, vibrant colours. The music border across the front is some self adhesive tape I  picked up in a bargain bucket at a craft show.  I die cut the records and fussy cut the other stamped elements before attaching them with foam pads for dimension. 

I know vinyl has been back in fashion among serious music fans for some time, but I hear that cassette tapes are coming back into fashion too. Soon, a whole generation of young people will come to understand why their grandparents still keep a pencil in the glove compartment of the car! 

I am sharing this with 

Addicted to Stamps and More - Die Cuts and Stencils 


Cardz 4 Guyz - Create your own background 

Use Your Stuff - Stencils 

Allsorts - Happy, Bright and Sunny Colours 






6 comments:

Linby said...

A fantastic design and so bright and beautiful, certainly perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us for Allsorts 12th birthday challenge.

brenda said...

This is certainly bright and happy Jane and ticks all the theme boxes, thanks so much for joining in with our Allsorts 12th Birthday celebrations.

Cassettes again really!

B x

Helen said...

Great card, Jane - a really happy and cheerful design.

Thanks for sharing it with us at the Use Your Stuff Challenge.

Helen x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great card for anyone my age (65) and my daughter's (32) as she digs vinyl and remembers our cassettes. xoxo

dj said...

A jammin' card you have here (pun intended) I love using stencils for background!! Thanks for playing along with our "create your own backgorund" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

Liz said...

Congratulations on your win over in the Allsorts challenge with this fabulous card. xx