Saturday 29 May 2021

Pink and Purple Passion

 How do you make an anniversary card that doesn't have a mushy, sloppy sentiment and yet isn't snarky? Well, I think I've nailed it - roses and passion, that sums up anniversaries for me! 



I still had the Craftascope stamp set on my table from yesterday's snippets card, but this time I used the cultivated rose stamp from it, as well as the bud and sentiment. The stamp set is about 18 months old - usually when I'm making a card for Retro Rubber I pick something much older, after all I've been stamping for around 25 years so I have some very old ones to choose from. But hey-ho, it's still over a year! 

Before stamping, I cut the white panel to size and blended pink and purple inks over a central band. Then I stamped everything over the inky panel. Next I added lots of layers, finishing one with scallop edged scissors (so much more useful than a scalloped rectangle die as you can make any size you want) and another with a border punch. 

I am sharing this with 

Retro Rubber - Anything Goes 


Another visit to Little Red Wagon - Say it with Flowers  

Allsorts - Any Celebration (not birthday) 



4 comments:

Wendy L said...

Really pretty and beautiful colours,xx

brenda said...

I agree you nailed it Jane, this is elegant and would fit any forma of marriage or romantic occasion. Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card for an anniversary or any other occasion love the image and the die you have used thank you for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS
hugs
lorraine x

Imke said...

Thanks for entering twice @ Little Red Wagon with your lovely card. Hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE