Saturday 1 May 2021

Happy Birthday Holly

 Today my granddaughter Holly is 9 years old (going on 17). She is passionate about history and her favourite period is the Ancient Romans, so I wanted to make her a Roman themed birthday card, yet keep it suitable for a child. The adorable Roman Hippos stamp set from Clearly Besotted fitted the bill perfectly. 



I used a Tim Holtz "Cityscapes" stamp to make a background. The hippos and archway are stamped on separate card, coloured with Promarkers and fussy cut. I backed the archway with purple paper and used stickers to add her age - in Roman numerals of course! Then I planned all the positions and stamped the sentiment before adding everything else using 3D adhesive. 

Mark added a finishing touch by writing her a message in Latin on the inside, which I hear she is at  this very moment trying to translate. 

I am sharing this with 

Addicted to Stamps and More - Any occasion 



Passion for Markers - use a sentiment 

2 Crafty Critter Crazies - anything goes 













7 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Jane, this is the most clever card! I know she will treasure it. Adding the Latin was indeed an added bonus. Such a fun present for her and happy birthday to her, xoxo

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a fabulously themed card for your granddaughter, I'm sure she will love it, I know I do. Thanks for sharing it with us at Passion for Markers this week.
Lorraine DT

Pamela said...

I love it Jane - it's a perfect card for her. Well done Mark on the Latin!

Liz said...

Brilliant card Jane, sounds perfect for your granddaughter. xx

foleysfriend said...

What a perfect birthday card for someone who loves Ancient Romans. Great work with the Promarkers. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Cards By MI said...

Very cute! A lovely looking card with a sweet design. Thanks for joining us over at PFM.
Love n hugs
Marie

NanaConnie said...

This is so adorable, Jane, and I love the little Roman hippos! Great job with the background. Thank you so much for joining our "Anything Goes with a Critter" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Creations this month. Hope to see you playing again soon. Good luck.
NanaConnie DT