Monday 3 May 2021

Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May....

 I can see our apple saplings from my study window. They are bursting into flower and look beautiful, but those rough winds that Shakespeare wrote about in Sonnet 18 are forecast to shake them very hard later today. I do hope the blossoms survive and set, so we can have a good crop of fruit later in the year. Everything tastes better when it's home grown! 

Anyway, here's my home grown apple blossom card for you. 


The stamp I have used is from an old Uniko set. It's an old favourite that I've had for a good many years, but sadly I won't be using it any more as it completely disintegrated as I peeled it from the Misti. I've never known that happen with a good quality stamp before, only free and cheap ones. I don't know whether it was just old age, or something I might have done. But I've never used Stazon ink with it, cleaned it with harsh chemicals or left it somewhere too hot, so I'm puzzled. I just hope the same doesn't happen to the Happy Birthday sentiment as it's probably my favourite of all my happy birthday stamps. 

Anyway, I coloured it with alcohol markers, outlining it in a very pale green which I think really makes the image pop, and added pink matting, cutting the border very narrow to help keep everything CAS. 

I am sharing this with 

Allsorts Challenge - Spring Blossoms  

Little Red Wagon - Smell the Roses  

Taylormade Cards 4 U - May Flowers  

Stamping Sensations - Beautiful Blooms  

Pearly Sparkles - CAS 




10 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh I really like the green outlining, it does make it pop. A very pretty card. I appreciate the reminder of how the fruit relies on the blossoms. I first read this about a year ago and ran across some lovely Deep Red Stamps, blossom, an apple and a basketful. Bought them up full of ideas and promptly forgot about them, now you've reminded me, thank you. I've had a few very old Technique Tuesday stamps do that, I say they get "sugary" and just melt. I really believe the formulas were new and not as fullproof back in the day the clear stamps first came out. Kind of like when PC's first came out and a few caught on fire, lol. Now, they are standardized completely. It's still very frustrating especially if you are partial to it. When a stamp feels like it's going to go there, I stamp it and then scan the image in....and use it as a digi if I want to. Let them sue me, their product was faulty! LOL XOX

brenda said...

A pretty fresh looking floral creation Jane and the green shadow us done beautifully, many thanks for joining in with our 'Spring Blossoms' theme at Allsorts challenge.

Our little orchard is bursting into bloom, if the blossoms set remains to be seen as we have had so many hard frosts the last few weeks.

B x

Wendy L said...

It is really pretty and lovely colours, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge, xx

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS card, Jane. Shame about your stamp, especially as it's a favourite of yours. xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card and love the blossom branch..
Thank you so much for joining in our challenge at Little Red Wagon this week..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Ellibelle said...

What a great CAS design, so perfect so show off this pretty blossom branch!
Thank you so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week where it's all about Spring Blossoms!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Linby said...

So delicate and pretty in your design, looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Debbie J said...

I just love this clean and simple design. And who doesn't love blossoms? Such a lovely card. Thanks for participating in the TaylorMadeCards4U Challenge!

Larelyn said...

Simply lovely! Thanks for joining our Pearly Sparkles Challenge.