Friday 28 May 2021

Say it with Flowers

 It often seems that my snippets box is full of long, narrow strips of card - too big to throw away yet the wrong shape to cover a card front, even for a slimline card. 

I was browsing through an old craft mag when I spotted a sketch that I thought would be perfect for using some of these snippets. Naturally, I played about with the arrangement so much that it bears no resemblance to the original sketch, but at least it was the starting point! 


Dies are great for working with snippets, and I cut two circles and a label. The green pennant is cut by hand. 

I stamped the wild rose spray from a Craftascope stamp set onto another snippet of white, and the leaves from the set, along with the sentiment, on the label. Then I coloured everything with Promarkers, fussy cut the rose spray and arranged the elements on the card. I felt it needed a little more on the right, so I added some pink diamond shaped gems. I tried to follow the curve of the label, but I'm not sure that was the wisest choice. If the gems came off easily (isn't it funny how they fall off when you want them to stay put, but stick like limpets when you'd like to move them?) I would put them closer to the edge of the pennant, in a straight line. 

I am sharing this with 

Pixie's Snippets Playground - challenge 403  

Make |my Monday - Floral Birthday  

Little Red Wagon - Say it with Flowers 

Addicted to Stamps and More - Make Your Mark 


Watercooler Wednesday - All About Occasions










7 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love your colour combination. Anesha

Di said...

Wowser Jane - I do love this card. Design. colours - all just gorgeous!

Hugs

Di xx

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the floral spray and the colors. Great design using your snippets.

Dawn T said...

Fabulous use of you scraps. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday challenge.

Mrs A. said...

I like the gems where they are following the curves of the flowers. Super use of your scraps. I have loads of strips of card too. I use mine up making my own 3D pads. Still have loads over but it's a start. Hugs Mrs A. P s. Great card .

Imke said...

Thanks for entering our "Flower" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon with your lovely card. Hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Maria Valente said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing at Make My Monday.