Saturday 22 May 2021

Inspired by a book cover

 You probably all know how much I love reading - and how much I love dragonflies too. I discovered author Helen Pryke when I read two of her thrillers, and enjoyed them so much that I went on to read a trilogy  that she wrote in a completely different genre - I would call it historical fiction with a subtle hint of supernatural. The trilogy follows a family of healers/herbalists/midwives from the plague years to the present day and the setting moves between Britain and Italy. Dragonflies play an important and recurring  part in the books and feature on the covers too. 


I decided to create a card based on the cover of The Healer's Awakening - not an exact copy of the cover, but one that definitely pays tribute to it. 


I made the background by blending Distress Inks in shades of pink, purple and blue then stamped a barely-there layer of trees and foliage in a pale purple. Finally I used black Versafine Clair ink to stamp the silhouette head, the dragonfly and the sentiment - all Indigo Blu stamps. 

I am sharing this with 

Cardz 4 Galz - Things with Wings 


2 comments:

Shell said...

Love the card love the sentiment the font is beautiful and thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz

Dawn Phillips said...

Jane, this is truly beautiful. I love the barely there detail. It's a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x