Friday 7 May 2021

Stained Glass Daffodils

 I hate it when I see the question "What's your favourite flower?" because I love them all, and my favourite tends to be the one I've most recently seen or smelled. So I tried rethinking the question - "Which flower would you miss most if it ceased to exist?". Now that's an easy one for me - having lived in the tropics for 7 years, it's the daffodil. When surrounded by opulent exotic orchids, anthuriums and hibiscus flowers, I soon started to pine for  the freshness and spring promise of a simple bunch of daffs!


The image I have used is a very old unmounted stamp that came in a grab bag. I think it might have been an All Night Media stamp originally. I stamped it in black onto heat embossable acetate and embossed it with clear powder. Normally I would use glass paints on acetate, but as the embossing isn't really deep enough to hold the paints in place, I decided to try colouring it with Promarkers. The colours came out lovely and clear, although as the ink dries fairly slowly and tends to pool slightly, it leaves a slight brush-stroke effect. But then, where would art be without brush strokes? 

I attached it to white card using spray adhesive - being very careful not to get any on the front of the panel as the adhesive is solvent based and would erase the Promarkers, being alcohol based. Then, since it has a very Art Deco look, I chose a suitable style of sentiment and added that before completing with layering and gems. 

I am sharing this with

Passion for Markers - say it with flowers  

The Flower Challenge - Use your favourite flower  






5 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Very pretty card. Anesha

Cardsncraftsnyc said...

Such a beautiful card. It definitely is a tough choice to pick just one flower as a favorite. I love Daffodils too. And your stain glass stamp is just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge -D T Jyoti

Crafty KJ said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love this image and such a great idea to stamp onto acetate - it really gives the impression of a stained glass window. The font on the sentiment is perfect too - a really lovely card. Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

Linda Mc Enery said...

I wouldn’t have any trouble naming my favourite flower (though I also love them all) but I feel this way when I’m asked about my favourite colour combo - ‘Do you mean today? This minute? Do you mean on a card? Home decor? Clothing?’

Your project is spectacular! What a great effect you’ve achieved! We’re touring round Tasmania at the moment, and this reminded me of the stained glass windows we’ve seen in a gorgeous church. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! I love the stain glass look on your card, stamping the image on acetate is a great idea, you colored these daffodils beautifully.
Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO