Sunday 2 May 2021

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

 When I was a child, one of my most treasured possessions was a box set of The Chronicles of Narnia books, and when the new Creative Stamping magazine arrived last week,  I spied one of the ship stamps and thought of the book immediately and decided to make a card with it. However once I'd made the ocean, the ship looked far too small so I had to have a complete rethink. 


This Galleon die, from an X-cut set, is meant to create a pirate ship bit simply omitting the skull and crossbones has changed it into the good ship Dawn Treader. To make the ocean, I sponged blue ink over  the card then used the stencil that came with Creative Stamping to roughly apply white texture paste. 

I had planned to position the ship centrally and upright, but that ocean looks so rough I'm sure she would be being tossed about a bit so angled it slightly and moved it to one side, creating a suitable space for the sentiment. The magazine stamp set had a banner stamp, complete with sentiment, but I wanted to use the banner with a different sentiment so I very carefully cut the existing sentiment away, creating too separate stamps, and stamped the outline banner around a sentiment from the Clearly Besotted pirates stamp set. 

As soon as Mark saw the card, he claimed it to send to a friend! 

I am sharing this with 

Use Your Stuff - Inspired by a Book (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C S Lewis) 

A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes  

Just Us Girls - Float 







5 comments:

Swissie said...

Oh, Jane! I'm a Narnia lover, too! I have read all seven books again and again. And they still belong to my beloved books!
Your card is wonderful! Of course it shows the Dawn Treader!
I also like how you made the rough waters. A great card!
Hugs,
Liv

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how you drew you inspiration from Narnia! I love your water with your textured waves and your "good" ship floating along! Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Aimeslee Winans said...

I love your card, no wonder he claimed it! Thanks for alerting me about Issue 95 being out. I subscribe too, but mine has to come to me in the USA and takes a week or so longer. I'll be on the lookout, but not on the plank! lol XOX

Lisa Kind said...

I love that book! I used to teach it to my 5th grade students. This is a really cute card and I love your take on the word. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Tammy L said...

Gorgeous card! I love your ship die cut. Really well done! Thank you for joining our challenge at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again soon.
Tammy DT Co-ordinator