Monday 4 January 2021

Christmas stag

 Isn't this stag's head stamp gorgeous, with the winter scene embedded into it? 


It's from an NBUS set that came with last month's Creative Stamping magazine. I stamped it with brown ink, sponged a lighter brown around the edges and added just a hint of colour to the moon, door and windows, then fussy cut it. 

The sentiment I used was also from the NBUS set. For the background, I sponged blue ink  over the top half of the card then stamped the trees - also from a magazine set, but from several years ago, so they are my "something old" - repeatedly across the card. I finished everything with stickles to add some subtle sparkle. 

I am sharing this with 

Jingle Belles - Something old, Something New 

2 Crafty Critter Crazies - anything goes featuring a creature  

Creative Crafting Uncles - Christmas 


9 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

great card. Anesha

Lia said...

This is gorgeous!!
Lia xx

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, Jane! *Christmas Kickstart* she coughed, Jo x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is stunning, I bought this magazine as I loved these stamps too, hope you have a safe and happy 2021, Hazelx

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW that is a beautiful stamp, it's making me want to try to get that same effect by stamping on diecuts! what a gorgeous card to start off 2021 and a great combination of old and new items. so pleased to see you at jingle belles again this year!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh this is inspiring to me, seeing this stamp used so beautifully. I have it also. XOX

Alex said...

Amazing card. Love the lay out.
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Creative Crafting Uncles and good luck. Hope you will join us next challenge again.

Crafty greetings
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
Alex' Kreative Seite

SmilynStef said...

what a unique holiday image ... so glad you shared both your new & old with us at Jingle Belles.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I meant to get the magazine then forgot, such a beautiful stamp and I love the scene you created around it Jane. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT