Sunday 24 January 2021

Green Mandala

 Just before Christmas (after I'd packed away all my craft stuff to make room for the family get-together that never was!) I received a gift of a "Mandala colour blending kit" and I've only just found the time and mojo to play with it. 

The kit consists of a selection of pre-printed mandalas, 3 Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend markers and two different thicknesses of black fineliner. There is an instruction booklet showing you how to use the three colours of one pen to create the illusion of dimension on one of the mandalas, and this is my first attempt. The fineliners are to darken and thicken the printed lines in the more shaded areas. 


Once I'd completed the colouring, I cut out the mandala and stuck it to a card, then found a curved sentiment that had just the right curvature and stamped it above the mandala. 

I am sharing this with 

Passion for Markers  - Anything Goes 

4 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Looks beautiful. Love the green, very vibrant. Hugs Anesha

Dotty Jo said...

Looks amazing, Jane! Great depth and colour, Jo x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely CAS design using this beautiful mandala image, the dimension achieved with the colouring looks fabulous. Thank you for sharing it with us at Passion for Markers this week.
Lorraine DT

The Crafty Den said...

A lovely CAS card Jane. The mandala is gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x