Monday 18 January 2021

OMG an ATC!

 It's years, absolutely YEARS since I made an ATC, they just don't really come into my skillset at all. But Edna has asked us to make ATCs, and what Edna asks for, Edna (usually) gets. 


How can something so tiny take so much time and patience? Not really knowing where to start, I drew inspiration from the amazing You Tube artist Shanouki  who is really inspiring me to try Mixed Media art. 

First I chose a selection of tiny vaguely co-ordinating snippets, tore the edges and stuck them to my ATC, then painted over it all with a thin layer of gesso. Then I punched a circle from a contrasting snippet, stuck it down and drew around the edge with a watercolour pencil, and pulled some of the colour out onto the background with a wet brush. Next I used the same pencil to doodle round the edge. I'd intended leaving it dry, as normal doodling, but I didn't like what I'd doodled so I used the wet brush to change it into a border. 

I added a sentiment - it's from one of Ranger's Tim Holtz snarky pads, snipped apart and outlined. Then I stamped and coloured the wine bottle and glass and added them to the circular spotlight. 

I am sharing this with 

Cardz 4 Galz - Coffee, wine or cocktails  

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - A is for ATC 



16 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous ATC Jane, you've packed lots of details into a small space.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kathyk said...

It's a smashing little ATC and you are so right .... why SHOULD we limit happy to an hour!

Kathyk

Crafting Queen said...

Wondeful ATC, well done. You can join us at ATC mit Hetz. Anesha x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous ATC love all the details and the border
Carol x

Dotty Jo said...

So, so true! Love it! Jo x

Lindsey said...

These days, we need all the happy we can find! Awesome ATC, Jane, you really need to stop avoiding them so much. ;)

Catwoman said...

Someone please put me out of my misery. What is an ATC lol?

Debbie Mageed said...

Your sweet little card is perfectly done, Jane! Love all of the coordinating snippets you used for the background and the added details with the borders. Thank you for playing with us at Cardz 4 Galz and hope you can come back soon.

Helen said...

Awesome ATC Jane! You should do these more often... and yes, what Edna asks for, Edna gets! LOL! LOVE the ATC!!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Pamela said...

Welcome to the world of ATCs Jane! Carol, Jocelyn and myself all belong to the same ATC swap.
If you're getting into mixed media look out for Mandy Taylor on Create and Crafts - the shows are usually called Imagination Crafts Mixed Media. Mandy is a great teacher and makes some amazing things.

JulieP said...

Love all of the beautiful details and layers to your background. And Happy Hour??? duh. LOL! Thanks for playing along Jane!

Donna said...

All hail Edna!!!!
(lol)
In all seriousness this is an awesome ATC sistah!
Thanks for getting crafty with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Nice atc! Love the little scene, xoxo

Chris Dring said...

This is all kinds of amazing, Jane! You should make more of them, you're fabulous at it!

Cazro said...

Loving your ATC, your collage is brilliant. I agree about the happy hour. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT

Helen said...

Great ATC and I love that sentiment!

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

Helen x