Friday 1 January 2021

Happy New Year

Well, that's the year when all the dystopian fiction I've read actually came true over and done with - let's hope with vaccination programmes being rolled out all over the world that this year brings us some kind of normality again. Happy 2021! 

It's cold and gloomy here so I'm looking ahead to spring and have used a fresh spring green palette for this card. 



The foliage stamps are all from the Heartfelt Creations "Floral Shoppe" collection. I stamped the ones on the background using Versamark ink and then brushed green mica pearl powder over the stamping. On the white panel I stamped the leaves in a mid-green ink and then lightly daubed the same ink over them with a sponge dauber. The final set of leaves I stamped in dark green, sponged with mid-green then die cut. I stamped a sentiment and edged that and the white leaf panel in the dark green ink. 

I am sharing this with Sunday Stamps - Nature's Green. I've been following their blog for many years and I don't think I've ever entered the challenge before, but when I saw the colours for the current challenge I had to get stamping right away! 





5 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful Jane - I LOVE the sponging you did on the feature stem - adds just the right touch to really make those leaves pop against your lovely background! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Liz said...

Lovely design Jane, I love your colour choice. xx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely elegant card. happy New Year. Anesha

Heidi Baks said...

Love all the leaf images and the green colors. The background is very cool and soothing. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Susan Lee Rose said...

So pretty! I love the soft colors!