Saturday 23 January 2021

Tea time take 1

 A few months ago, a friend passed on a pre-loved die to me - she'd not managed to come up with many ways to use it, and now I'm having the same problem. 


It's quite a big die - on a 6" square card it doesn't leave much room for anything else. To show it off here, I've simply cut it in white, then picked a piece of Hunkydory card which must be at least 15 years old, as it has the look of steam swirling from the teacup. 

Now, what else can I do with it? I could colour the die cut and use it on a plainer background, or perhaps on a lace doiley to give an afternoon tea look. I could snip the elements apart to remove the constraint I feel the shape and size of the image causes. 

I wonder if inking the raised surfaces of the die in brown and then cutting cream card would give the look of a faux woodcut? I think I'll try that next. 

Watch this space - and I'd love your ideas, or links  to things you've made or seen using it! 

I am sharing this with 

Little Red Wagin - Die-ing to get Crafty  

Shopping Our Stash - I need a Cup of Coffee (I know this is tea - blame Chris!) 




4 comments:

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, I look forward to seeing what else you make with that die. I quite often cut dies apart, especially when they are large.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

JanR said...

Great card! Such a neat die cut...even if it is big! :) Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhh that is a fab fab fab die sistah!
Thanks for getting caffeinated with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

Chris Dring said...

As this is such a wonderful tea themed card, I'll take that blame gladly! LOL! Thanks for linking up at Shopping Our Stash!