Thursday 7 March 2019

Butterfly Bifold

I was very taken with the bifold card shape that Mrs A  shared with us for this fortnight's Butterfly Challenge. I've made a card before that ended up the same shape but needed much more complex measuring and folding. I think the difference is that by using double sided paper and cleverly using the offcuts from shaping the card, this one gives an illusion of being far more complex than it actually is.


I used an old set of BoBunny papers for this card. I started off with 24 sheets and am now down to three half sheets (two now, after this card) and a small handful of snippets. Well, they are such lovely papers that I can't resist using them. There's such a bold contrast between the two sides of the main sheet. The inside circle leaves plenty space for the sender to write and is cut from one of the snippets. The die cut butterflies use both sides of one of the other snippets.

I'm sharing this at:
the Butterfly Challenge where I've used bifold, bluebell and of course butterflies.
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge
Pixie's Snippets Playground

8 comments:

MagsB said...

Oh my, Jane, this looks fabulous!

love Mags B x

Di said...

Totally fabulous Jane - gosh that paper is divine! And as you say, using double sided plus the offcuts certainly gives the illusion that there's a load more dimension. Brilliant!

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

Super card, Jane. I must try this fold with double-sided paper. xx

Karen Dunleavey said...

Woo, that looks beautiful and very complicated - I'll take your word that it's not.

Mrs A. said...

Wow, wow and more wow. That design paper certainly is jaw dropping . Love that swirly green. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Jenny L said...

Hi Jane,
what a fab and super card and that paper is soooooooooo! gorgeous.
Beautiful Butterflies also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

EmmaT said...

Soo gorgeous, certainly looks complicated, the papers are lovely. Emma

flossbite said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Good luck!