Saturday 9 March 2019

You're a star

I was really stumped by the latest challenge at Less is More - Horoscopes.  Not being a believer in such things, I don't have any suitable stash apart from some huge and detailed peel-offs of the Chinese Zodiac, totally unsuited to a CAS card. And I had nothing to represent any of the individual signs of the zodiac apart from lion stamps, and with the challenge already a week old, all the lion ideas seem to have been used already.


Then I remembered this constellation paper from an old Stampin' Up pad - again not a very CAS style  but by only using it on a small part of the card it keeps the look clean. I stamped the sentiment star in yellow, then without removing from the platform, inked the tips of the points with orange and stamped again. I thought I'd finished then, but the huge star  combined with the dark paper made the card look too "bottom heavy" so I added a small die cut sparkly star in the opposite corner to help the eye travel across the card.

1 comment:

Nonni said...

Very creative take on our challenge, this patterned paper is so perfect! Love the design of this, a perfectly CAS way to use a busy print. Well done! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!