Wednesday 13 March 2019

I won the battle of the baby wipes!

You may remember the saga of my attempt to use the "ghosting" technique using baby wipes - if not you can see it here.

Anyway, I thought later, perhaps I'd used too complicated a stencil and not enough colour, so I tried again using a simpler stencil and  a really thick layer of watercolour crayon. And even with my earth friendly wipes, it sort of worked.


I suppose if the  result was meant to be really clear and well defined it wouldn't be called ghosting would it?

I've added a flower, stamped using a very old Raindrops on Roses stamp and heat embossed.  I do love the regal effect of a purple and gold combo!

I am sharing this with

CAS on Friday - Embossing, dry or heat
CAS  Stencil - Ghosting

4 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Gosh, Jane...your ghosting technique worked out beautifully! TFS and joining us again at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

This turned out beautifully, Jane. Agree about the colour combo ... purple and gold --- gorgeous and very regal. You are right about the ghosting look ... it's not supposed to be perfect. Your's turned out so well. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous rich ghosted background Jane, a lovely setting for the gold embossing and layer. Thanks for sharing with CAS Stencil

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful shades of purple on your ghosted background Jane - your gold embossed bloom and framing look lovely with it! Good for you persevering with this technique! (maybe try waterbased inks - like Distress inks - instead of crayons?! they may wipe off easier!?) Thanks so much for joining us in the CAS Stencil challenge! xx