Friday 8 March 2019

Funky Flowers

CAUTION: this is NOT the card that I set out to make.

I'd been planning to make a card for the CAS stencil 'ghosting' challenge, where you lay the stencil on a watercolour surface then use a baby wipe to absorb the colour through the stencil.

Which is all very well but I don't use ordinary baby wipes, I  use water based organic biodegradable ones (probably hand knitted by fairtrade farmers, too). They are great for cleaning stamps and stuff but maybe not for this task.

I laid my baby wipe on the stencil and it looked sullenly up at me and said, "What am I supposed to do now?"

"Well, you could try sucking up some of the paint" I suggested.

"Suck it yourself, it's far too difficult for me" it replied, and rolled itself up and threw itself into the bin, where it is now sleepily biodegrading.

So I don't have an example of the ghosting technique. However as I had already decided on the layout and design of my card, I went ahead and made it using conventional stencilling, for which I'm sure you are grateful as you're probably sick of me rambling on.


The stencil and funky Dyhan Reavey flower stamps were a recent magazine freebie. I used Nuvo Hybrid inks for the stencilling and pencils for the flowers.

I am sharing this with CASology - Funky

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Your card is so very pretty. And, even though your ghosting technique did not work (clearly due to the sassiness and misbehavior of your wipes), the card is still lovely and I like the difference between the stenciling and the stamping. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Jen W. said...

Ha ha ha! I love your baby wipe story! How annoying that protecting the planet can hinder our crafty experiments. :) Tee hee! Glad it didn't deter you from using the stencil though. It's really fun and I love the popped up flowers. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!