Tuesday 26 March 2019

Let's get messy at Cardz 4 Guyz

This fortnight at Cardz 4 Guyz we'd like you to get messy, and show us an inky (or any other technique that gets you messy!) background on your card.

I've taken ink as my theme, using a beautiful stamp set that came with a recent issue of Creative Stamping magazine.


I smooshed two shades of  blue/aqua distress ink onto an acrylic sheet, spritzed with water and pressed white card into it to create my inky background. Then I stamped the ink bottle, masked it and stamped the quill pen (if you want to catch me  on a technicality, the lid is still on the ink bottle - however it's possible the writer could have made a hole in the top of the bottle for the quill, like we do with our brushos!), blot and postmark. I layered that onto black card then marked on the base card where it was going to go and stamped the pen nibs and sentiment to peek out at the side. I'm rather proud of myself for having managed to create a pretty CAS card using a messy technique!

I am sharing this with

Use Your Stuff - Black and white with a pop of colour 
Sweet Stampin' - Anything goes or Shakespeare   - I don't have any Shakespeare quote stamps but he did write with a quill pen and is often pictured holding one!

2 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic male themed card Jane.

Sue xx

Doreen Vasquez said...

Really pretty; great stamping! Thanks for playing w/ us at "Use Your Stuff" - Doreen DT Member