Monday 4 March 2019

Primrose time at last!

Spring is coming and one of the very first signs it is on the way is when primroses start to appear in the countryside. And every year, they put me in the mood to dig out this gorgeous stamp which I think came from Dimension 4th about 10 to 15 years ago.


It's great for layering and fussy cutting but also looks beautiful used as a stand alone image as I have done here. I've added a sentiment stamped with a stamp from a Creative Expressions snowdrop set that I've had for a couple of years. The flowers along the top are die cut using dies from the current issue of Papercraft essentials and lightly tinted using distress inks and a finger dauber.

I am sharing this with

Shopping Our Stash -  Fabulous February 

Allsorts challenge - Favourite Season

Retro Rubber - a sketch
RRCB 105

12 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely spring card!

brenda said...

I am sure this one has to be Spring with those lovely fresh zingy colours Jane, thanks so much for joining in our 'Seasons theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Dawn Phillips said...

I have a lovely yellow primrose in my garden. It should have died years ago as I am no gardener and it came from a basket that Patrick bought me when he was little. It's a cheerful little thing that pops up every spring. Love YOur card. Love Dawn x

Neva Cole said...

What a great take on the sketch and the use of your retro image. The little flowers for the banners is precious! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Chana Malkah said...

Wonderful interpretation of the sketch and a nicely crafted project! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash! ~Hugz~Chana

Jan Clothier said...

Your fresh spring colours are lovely and I like the variegation in the little flowers and leaves at the top. Your central image is so striking, I can see why you like it so. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Ellibelle said...

Very pretty card, love the colors and great design too!
Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge where it's all about our favorite seasons!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the primrose image we have quite a few and the sentiment is perfect
Carol x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love the beautiful Spring colors on this sweet Primroses, lovely interpretation of the sketch, those little flowers on the top look perfect instead of the banners.
Thank you for playing with RETRO RUBBER.
XO

Krafty Kaylin said...

this ia a very pretty card. i like the extra flowers over the banners. be sure to add it to the TSOT link up as well. http://trystampinontuesday.blogspot.com/2019/02/challenge-397.html

lauren bergold said...

such a beautiful card! love the gorgeous primroses and the crisp green mats set them off so perfectly! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (fabulous february!) STASH with us this fortnight!

Chris Dring said...

Oooh! I love this! That image is gorgeous, and I love the colors of your card! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!