Sunday 31 March 2019

CD Sundays #7 - Anything Goes

Our new Anything Goes challenge at CD Sundays has just started,  so you can make anything for us as long as you use a CD somewhere on it.




I've used the Polyanna Pickering CD "Farmyard Days"  for the paper, topper, sentiments and border.

The flowers are die cut with the upper layer of a First Editions Flower layering die. I've just bought new plates from my Grand Calibur and I think they must be a whisper thinner than my old plates because nothing seems to be cutting as well as it used to. The white flowers cut perfectly but the yellow-gold ones simply didn't cut right through. After cutting the first, I was going to discard it and try adding a shim for the next one, but then I looked at the partially cut one next to the white one and rather liked the effect of a lacy flower and a solid one with the same design. So I decided to try cutting a few more in the yellow-gold card to see if they would all come out the same. They did, and I'm rather pleased with the result.

6 comments:

Carol said...

Great card Jane. Interesting about the flowers. Perhaps the gold card was much thicker than the white but I agree about the effect.
Carol
xx

Dawn Phillips said...

What a fun card. It reminded me of the book 'the trouble with goats and sheep'. I found it very funny - but I think it was because it made me think of myself as a young girl. I like the blue and yellow. It's very fresh looking. Love Dawn x

meg said...

Fun card, love it

Margarets designer cards said...

Great card, I love the image and design, I like this CD it has some really useful and brilliant images on it

Jocelyn said...

A fabulous card and I love the yellow gold card - very effective.

Wynn said...

This is a fabulous image Jane. Your die cut flowers look great too.....you know what they say about happy accidents!!! You triumphed in the end....great card. Wynn x