Saturday 28 March 2020

A day at the zoo

Although attractions like zoos are closed at the moment, there's still a lot going on inside them as the animals all have to still be fed, cleaned and cared for, and for many of them it is breeding season too, so the zoo staff are still working hard. I've been pleased to see how many zoos have set up webcams to enable the public to visit virtually, and was particularly impressed with Chester Zoo who on Friday ran a whole day of video shows which must have been a real help to people trying to educate and entertain children whose schools are closed.


So here's a zoo themed card!

All the backgrounds and papers are from my snippets basket (which is still overflowing although rather less so than it was a couple of weeks ago). The punched leaves and stamped crocodile are from my UFO box, and the punch and stamp set they were originally made with are both Woodware ones. The other stamps were magazine freebies a few years ago. I finished the leaves off with white gel pen and some clear liquid pearls.

I am sharing this with

Cardz 4 Galz - Cute Animals

Alphabet Challenge - Zoo Animals 



9 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Brilliant card,
It is nice to see the Zoos letting the public view the animals while they are closed.
Stay safe and well

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful fun card.

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card love the cute images and punched leaves -it's a great idea with the zoo webcams
Carol x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahh this is super, what a great card, I love watching the Panda Cam at Edinburgh Zoo, Watched them for a few years now, Hazelxx

Liz said...

Great idea for zoo to set up webcams. Brilliant card, Jane. xx

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous Zoo card. I'm getting down my odds and sods box as well. Every cloud... Love Dawn x

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, wow! I love this very creative card! Your layers and textures are wonderful and a great way to use your bits! I'm so glad you played with us at the Alphabet and Cardz 4 Gals challenges and hope you can join us again soon.

Cazro said...

This is such a great fun card, I love your composition with the animals and background. I love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

Helen said...

Great, fun card Jane - love it!

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x