Monday 9 March 2020

Waterloo Sunset

If you are over 60 and you've read the title of this post, I can pretty much guarantee I know what you'll be singing now.

"Dirty old river, must you keep rollin' ... "


For this card I've used a set of Clearly Besotted cityscape stamps.  I stamped the image and sentiment then masked off the image using masking paper and a rectangle around it. Cutting that mask took ages because of all the "inny" bits, so I've saved the mask on the back of the stamps' holding sheet  to save time if I want to use it again.  Then I blended inks to give the "Waterloo Sunset" and the "Dirty old river" Thames. I coloured in the heart in the sentiment then cut the whole thing into a panel and matted it with a very narrow black border.

Confession time - I originally made this as a one layer card but had an ooopsy moment when removing the masking tape and damaged the card, so I cut away the damaged part and made the topper I used here. A happy accident I think as it looks better than the original - the black border really makes the image stand out. I think if I do recreate this or something similar as a one layer card I will draw in a black border in future.

I  am sharing this with CAS-ology - Skyline
 

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely CAS card, Jane, Jo x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Jane.

Sue xx

Kathyk said...

Fabulous card, Jane and I'm loving the rich warm colours used for the background too

Happy Monday

Kathyk

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is fabby and I love that song (although Im not nearly 60!!!) and I used to love London. My nearest tube station when I lived there was Waterloo so that song is a reminder of my exciting times working down there. It would be too busy for me now :( Hazel xx

karen h said...

Awesome card! I love that you left the city uncolored - it pops against that gorgeous sky! Thank you for joining us at CASology!

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card, back border works really well.

crafty-stamper said...

My hubbys favourite group and when I first met him he actually looked like Ray Davies lol.Great CAS card and love the skyline and design
Carol x

Dawn Phillips said...

I wish it to me noted that I am singing but I am but a spring chicken at 53! I do love the card. It's beautiful. Love Dawn x

Linby said...

I do love a skyline and this is a fab one, great card.

Jen W. said...

Jane, your sunset is a stunner! And I'm so impressed with you cutting out such an intricate mask. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Terrific framed little scene! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!