Tuesday 17 March 2020

Yellow Tulips

Happy Tuesday everybody. I hope you are all keeping well and doing everything you can to stay that way, and managing to get all you need from the shops. I just home craft shops don't start to have bare shelves as people who have to stay at home look for ways to keep themselves entertained!

While having a sort-out of dies and embossing folders at the weekend I spotted this magazine freebie folder which I've had for several years and don't think I've ever used.


And with tulips being so seasonal at the moment I thought this was the perfect time to have a play. I dug out an ancient pad of Coredinations Black Magic card and chose a spring yellow backed card then embossed and sanded it. The large black square still looked a little heavy so I carefully removed the wavy band from the centre, then positioned the upper and lower panels on the card and filled the gap with gems. 

I stamped a sentiment on toning yellow card and cut and embossed it with a Spellbinders die.  

I am sharing this with 

Cardz 4 Galz - Spring Flowers 

Use Your Stuff - Spring 

Just Us Girls - Black background 



8 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the embpssing folders-we are all finding some great neglected stuff
Carol x

sue t. said...

Very classy!! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz!!

Donna Ellis said...

It's beautiful! My greatest joy comes from using my older stash with new techniques. Your card is exquisite, Jane! hugs, de

Bobby said...

You're taking me back with that sanding technique, Jane. It worked beautifully with the lovely embossing folder. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

missgailly said...

Love how the sanding makes the embossed hearts and flowers pop. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Vicky Hayes said...

I love coredination card stock Jane and the emboss/sand technique is so effective! Love your split panel too emphasised with the gems. Vicky x

Sue - said...

A very different take on the Challenge Jane. A lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Galz.

Dawn Phillips said...

Jane, that's brilliant. So very different for spring flowers. I love it. Love Dawn x