Friday 6 March 2020

Butterfly and Teasel

I recently posted a card I had made my stamping an image onto watercolour paper, spraying it with water and allowing it to blur then stamping the image over it again to produce a detailed image with a "halo" effect.


Today I decided to try the same technique using contrasting inks instead of monochrome.  The first stamping is done in Picked Raspberry distress ink and the second in black Versafine. I think this has worked even better than the original version -  I love the ethereal wispy look of the pink wafting out from beneath the crisp black image.

I'll stop getting all poetic about it and share it with:

Make My Monday - In The Pink 

The Butterfly Challenge - The letter U -  just the one element of Ultra Pink,  plus of course my butterflies.

10 comments:

Swissie said...

A great card, Jane, with special effects. Love it!
Hugs,
Liv

Crafting Queen said...

Great technique, lovely card.

Dotty Jo said...

What a nice effect! Good choice of stamp too - really shows off the halo effect perfectly, Jo x

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! What a fantastic technique tip, Jane! And it is still sorta-kinda monochromatic pink since you stamped with black. It's fantastic, and I want to try! The thistle collage is lovely! hugs, de

meg said...

gorgeous card Jane a super technique, thank you for joining in at MMM

Dawn Phillips said...

That's a brilliant idea. I may have to try this technique. Love Dawn x

Mrs A. said...

Love the effect of the two colours. The pink blurring first is a lovely contrast to the black. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card and stamp
Carol x

Maria Valente said...

Beautiful card! Thank you so much for taking part in our "In the pink" challenge at Make My Monday. Hope to see more of your creations!
Crafty hugs

Dawn Phillips said...

Me again. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x