Tuesday 24 March 2020

Triple Tag Card


I had ever such a lot of fun making this card! First I used a template to cut three tags from white card (without holes - yet) and placed them side by side on yellow card, leaving a tiny gap between them to allow for folding. I drew lightly around them, then removed the tags, cut out very slightly outside the lines I'd drawn and erased the pencil. I then scored between each tag shape to form my base card.

Now to the tags. I blended honey and yellow inks over them and added Walnut Stain ink sponged around the edges. Then I used a background stamp (a very old, probably 25 years old unmounted one from my stash) to stamp the rambling roses over the tags and heat embossed in white. I  ran the Walnut Stain pad around the edges than stuck each tag to the base card.

Next I folded it and used the Cropadile to punch through all the layers (it does that easily) at once to make sure the holes lined up perfectly. I also used it to add eyelets to the holes.

I die cut three bees from white card and used a post it note to cover the wings while I dabbed brown ink over the bodies. There were some scraps left from the yellow card I'd used for the base,  which I  used to stamp the sentiments, again edging them with Walnut Stain. I arranged the bees and sentiments on the tags until I was happy with where they were, then stuck them in place, leaving the bees' wings free so I could raise them slightly once the adhesive had dried.

I am sharing this with

Allsorts Challenge - Anything in the Animal Kingdom 

7 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Beautiful tag card Jane.

Keep safe and well
Sue xx

Crafting Queen said...

Really beautiful tag card. love the rose stamp.

brenda said...

A really beautiful triptych creation with a distinct nature feel to it, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Animals' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Barbara Godden said...

Super triple tag card, thanks for writing how you made it, love the colours and those bees are super cute.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful triple tag card love the embossed background and the Bees
Carol x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mervi said...

Beautiful and lovely tag card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m