Sunday 8 March 2020

A U-fold card

Over at the Butterfly Challenge the special fold this time is a U-fold card.  I have made these a few times in the past but not for a few years and I'd forgotten just how simple yet effective they are.



The pink floral paper came from a very old magazine freebie pack. The matting layer is very dark brown but my camera doesn't handle dark colours well and makes them all look black. I think you can see the colour better on the die cut butterfly - it's from the same sheet of card.

This style of card looks rigid but will fold perfectly flat for posting.

I am sharing this with;

The Butterfly Challenge - all 7 elements

Fab 'n' Funky - more than one fold

Crafty Calendar - more than one fold

11 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, must try this fold.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Jane.

Sue xx

Donna Ellis said...

It’s beautiful, Jane! I’ve never made this fold before but now I need to try! Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, de

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, lovely shaped design

Dawn Phillips said...

This is lovely. I like the papers you used. Love Dawn x

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Jane. Well done on incorporating all seven elements for the Butterfly Challenge. xx

Liz said...

Popping back with my Crafty Calendar Challenge DT member's hat on. Thank you for joining in the challenge this month with your super card. Good luck! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful bridge card and love the P.paper
Carol x

Mrs A. said...

This is giving me a very Japanese feel and I love it. I like how you have raised the bar up from the bottom. Thankyou for coming and spinning the wheel with all the seven options. Hugs Mrs A.

Sherri Thacker said...

This is so pretty. I need to google this and see if I can find how to make one. I just made a "W" fold card and it was easy and fun. Will be on my blog on Friday. https://sherri-iloveflipflops.blogspot.com/

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining with ust at Fab’n’Funky Challenge this time and good luck :)