Sunday 12 April 2020

All at sea

Happy Easter to those who celebrate (or Passover or almost-Ramadan or whatever else this season brings you!). I hope you are all able to celebrate at home and not missing your family get-togethers too much.

I'm here today with my first non-DT make for Cardz 4 Guyz for many years now I'm playing as a "civilian". The theme is on, in or by the sea, and I dug out this unmounted stamp of a luxury yacht that must be about 20 years old and has never seen ink before.


I folded and cut an A4 sheet of card to make a square card, and stamped the image and sentiment on the trimmings using Versafine ink. I had selected the black, cream and aqua papers from an old SU pad and wanted to colour the sea to match the paper with a watercolour pen. But alas, I found that my watercolour pens had been "grandchilded" and the tip of the one I wanted to use was bent and splayed. However a few minutes of trimming with the craft knife made it usable again - worth remembering in case of future problems!

I finished everything with black matting and an anchor. I wouldn't normally use such a fancy die on a masculine card but I thought the scrolls around the edge gave it a nice wave-like look.

It's got me wondering whether cruise holidays are going to get popular again after this pandemic is over. I've never been tempted to try one, probably because a few years ago I went on a river cruise and it was a nightmare from beginning to when the cruise was abandoned a week early and without the boat ever having moved!!!

9 comments:

Swissie said...

A great card, Jane!
Happy Easter to you!
Hugs, Liv

Crafting Queen said...

Happy Easter. Lovely card.

creativetimewithme said...

Awesome card! Glad you were able to join us for the On, In or By The Sea challenge!

Hugs,
Mary Ellen, C4G DT - https://www.creativetimewithme.com/

Sue - said...

Lovely card Jane! I can’t wait to be able to cruise again! In fact we’ve got two booked but I rather think the August one will be cancelled.

Liz said...

Lovely masculine card, Jane. 20 years!? - it was about time this lovely stamp was inked up! You ought to share your card over in the NBUS challenge, I'm sure Darnell would be very impressed that you've used the stamp at last.
I hope you go on a river cruise some time. We've got one booked for this summer, but we're just waiting for it to be cancelled, which I'm sure it will be. We went on a River Danube cruise a number of years ago. The following year the same cruise was abandoned because several areas were affected be major flooding. I thought perhaps this was the one you should have been on. xx

scrappymo! said...

Great card! The papers are so well coordinated with that Nautical theme.

Theresa's Treasures said...

I like your card. The layout is really nice.

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous card Jane. Glad you are still playing along with us. I love the term 'grandchilded'. I knew exactly what you meant and I don't have any grandchildren. Love Dawn x

Cazro said...

Hello, "civilian", so happy to see you. Your 20+ yr old stamp is perfect for our challenge. I love your cruise ship.
I agree about the future of cruises, I don't think anything will be as 'normal' as we knew it again. Take care of you and yours. xx Thanks for joining our challenge at
Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. D.T.