Sunday 5 April 2020

Bleached daisy #1

I was delighted to see that this month's CAS Mix Up challenge features bleaching as it's a technique I love.  Because every card responds differently to bleach I did a few test pieces and was very disappointed with them, then I remembered that previous attempts had worked best on very cheap card  so I dug out this piece of shocking pink card (talk about very very old stash, I bought the card stack it comes from during a trip to Manchester for the 2002 Commonwealth Games!) and tested it - it was just what I needed, with the colour bleaching out really well to give a strong contrast.


I die cut the pink square and used a spray bottle filled with bleach (inside a cardboard box to stop the bleach from spraying everywhere) to spritz it all over, then left it to cure while I turned my attention to the daisy. The stamp is one I've had for many years, from the US company Just for Fun. I stamped and heat embossed it in black on the pink card then used a water brush pen filled with bleach to paint-out the colour from the petals before fussy-cutting it.

I added the square to the card, stamped the sentiment then positioned the butterfly and flower.

The techniques I have used are stamping, heat embossing, die cutting, fussy cutting, bleach spray and painted bleach.

I am sharing this with

CAS Mix Up - Bleaching 


CAS on Friday - black, white and one colour 

9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Looks great, Jane. Never had any success with bleaching - probably doesn't help that I'm a bit scared of knocking over the container and ruining everything within a two mile radius! Jo x

Liz said...

I've never tried using bleach in cardmaking, but the result on your card is really lovely. xx

Ros Crawford said...

What a bright and happy card! Love the bleached flower against that pink! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS Mx Up!

Jo said...

Such a cheery card Jane. Love the texture left behind from the bleaching. Beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Bright and fun card Jane! Love that shocking pink card! Looks amazing with the splatters of bleach. And your daisy is so sweet. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

nancy littrell said...

Loved your bright pink background for your beautifully bleached daisy, Jane. TFS both cards. Hugs..Nancy

Stampin with Liz Design said...

Such a gorgeous, bright and fun card! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

Mariken said...

Love your card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Cas on Friday!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow that's an amazing result on the pink card! Gorgeous card! I especially love that you did a splatter as well:) Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!