Sunday 19 April 2020

Bonjour Paris

Right about now I should be busy unpacking and washing the clothes we wore on a French countryside holiday with our daughter and her family, and recovering from an exhausting week of fun with the grandchildren, but all we can do is daydream about what might have been - which has inspired me to make a card with a French theme. I've designed it with my Mum's upcoming 94th birthday in mind, partly because one of her few remaining memories of anything more recent than her childhood is of a short break she and my Dad took to Paris just after he retired, and partly because here surname - and hence my maiden name - is France.



The papers, decoupage  rose and Eiffel tower topper are all from Debbi Moore's "Shabby Chic Paris" DS, one of my favourite crafting CDs (although I'm very fickle with CDs, I must have at least 6 favourites). I matted all the panels with black and finished with some black Candi and some clear Liquid Pearls to emphasise the dewdrops on the rose leaves. 

I am sharing this at CD Sunday Plus   - my first time for several years as an entrant rather than a DT member. 

7 comments:

Pamela said...

It's a beautiful card Jane, full of happy memories. It's lovely having you join in 'from the other side'!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Jocelyn said...

A lovely card and with so much meaning to it. Lovely to see you joining us. :-)
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, hope it sparks lovely memories for your Mum. Keep well.

Carol said...

A beautiful card. I knew it wouldn't be long before you joined us from 'the other side'. I hope it does jog your Mothers memory.
Lots of love
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and papers with special memories too-wow 94 happy birthday to your Mum-it would have been my Dads99th birthday today but he died 10yrs ago
Carol x

Wynn said...

Lovely Jane and perfect for your Mum. Hope she and you are well. Lovely to have you join us at CDSunday Plus Wynn xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, love the french theme