Monday 20 April 2020

All geared up

I'm never quite sure where the borderline between vintage and steampunk lies (nor that between vintage and shabby chic on the more feminine end of the spectrum) but I tend to work on the theory that if you throw enough cogs and gears at something, it makes it into steampunk. I'm sure devotees of the genre, complete with top hats, owls and goggles, would disagree, but we'll just have to agree to disagree!


As usual, my camera hasn't coped well with the dark coloured card. The bits that look black are actually dark blue. I keep fiddling around with lighting and settings but the camera always seems to get its own way in the end!

I am sharing this with

Just us Girls - Brown, Navy and Rust 


Watercooler Wednesday - masculine anything goes 


Creative Crafting Uncles - Steampunk 


4 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, really like the bike!

Michelle W said...

Great steampunk card! Love all those cogs with the bike. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Bobby said...

Wonderful masculine card, Jane. I see the bike as blue and I love it! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Alex said...

Wonderful masculine card. Love the embossed background!
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Creative Crafting Uncles and good luck. Hope you will join us next challenge again.

Crafty greetings
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles {#04 – Steampunk}
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#40 –rocker cards}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#40 – Packing}
Alex' Kreative Seite