Thursday 2 April 2020

Through the Christmas window

This week at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown the challenge is Window technique.


I've had a pack of die cut window frames from a magazine kit hanging round for months so I thought this would be the perfect time to break them out. I started off by doing something I'd meant to do for ages - paining one of the frames with metallic paint and then rubbing black ink lightly over the surface and wiping it off to give an aged effect. Well, it worked beautifully, but when I put it with the image and papers I'd decided to use it looked all wrong and an undecorated white frame looked a lot better, but my Olde Worlde window will be along on a card soon, I'm sure.


The image behind the window came from the same kit as the die cut, the papers and sentiment are from a Hunkydory pad and I've added some die cut snowflakes.

5 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a beautiful card Jane, I love the colours and the scene that you've used behind or through your window.

Sue xx

Becca Sadler said...

Jane: thanks so much for participating in the window technique challenge for 52 CCT this week!!! Your card is stunning! My favorite color is purple so those papers are catching my eye! Wonderful Christmas card! Becca/DT for 52 CCT

Dawn Phillips said...

That's really effective. Love Dawn x

Lucinda said...

Your card is beautifully elegant - from the window to the image through it, to the colours you've used. Thnaks for sharing with us at 52CCT.

Kathyk said...

A lovely card, Jane and worthy of its honourable mention over at Christmas Card Throwdown

Stay well

Kathyk