Tuesday 21 April 2020

Spring blossoms and sparkle

We've had a few days of gusty wind recently and all the spring blossoms are looking a bit battered and bruised now, so I had to make something to remember them by before they vanish completely.


Compulsory sparkle close up! 

First I used Cosmic Shimmer Ultra Sparkle Paste in Rose Copper  to stencil the background - I'm sure they are meant to be just random flowers but they remind me of apple blossom. Then I stamped the flower spray and sentiment, using stamps from a recent magazine cover mount, and used partial die cutting to make the flowers into an oval panel, then coloured them with Promarkers using fresh spring colours. Again they are just random stylised flowers but in my mind as I was colouring them they became apple blossom, cherry blossom and camellias. Some fresh green matting and candi to finish it all off. 

I am sharing this with

Allsorts Challenge - Flowers and/or showers  

Make my Monday - Spring Flowers  

Sweet Stampin - Blooming Wonderful  

Passion for Promarkers - add a sentiment 

13 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Love that background, bet it looks fantastic in real life. Great card.

Dawn Phillips said...

Lovely. I like a bit of sparkle. Love Dawn x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great card, love the sparkle, Hazelxx

scrappymo! said...

Your card is so lovely. That sparkly background is fantastic!

brenda said...

A really pretty and colourful creation, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Flowers and Showers' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Debbie Mageed said...

So pretty! Love your wonderful flowers and the bit of bling in the background. Perfectly done!! Thank you for playing with us at MMM and hope you can join us again soon.

Mummylade said...

Really lovely! Thank you for sharing with at Allsorts challenge this week.

Basslady said...

a fabulous card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi

Sammy said...

Oh I love your sparkly blossom background! Fab card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Ella's Design said...

Great card, Jane! Love the sparkly background and pretty florals.
Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Promarkers this week! Lisa x

Maria Valente said...

Love it!Thank you for playing along at Make My Monday. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Mary

Julie said...

Such a pretty card, and I love the sentiment font! Thanks for joining in my Add a Sentiment challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week, good luck, Juliexx

Cards By MI said...

Thank you for adding your smashing creation to our challenge over at Passion for Promarkers. A new fun challenge is now up for you to play along with.
Love n hugs
Marie