Thursday 30 April 2020

Late arrival to the Rudolph Day party

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! Somehow after April having been about 5 years long, the last few days of the month have whizzed by and I almost missed my chance to join in this month's Rudolph Days challenge, but here I am by the skin of my teeth....


I've based it on the sketch over at Jingle Belles this fortnight,  which really could have been made with this classic Darice embossing folder in mind,  adding a die cut snowflake border - I think this was a magazine freebie last year some time and has been NBUS until now. I've added silver ribbon and a silver tag, and highlighted some of the embossed swirls with a silver sparkle gel pen.


I am also sharing this at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. 

8 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Jane, I love the non traditional colour that you've used too. Thank you for joining in Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

Sue DT xx

Barbara Godden said...

Great use of the sketch, fab. colours and super card, you are not as late as I will be for Rudolph days. it has to happen today.

Crafting Queen said...

Love card, love the embossed background. Keep well.x

Jenny L said...

Hi Jane,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Gorgeous embossed card and that embossing is very lovely and I love that snowflake border it's brilliant.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Whisper said...

Oooo what a great take on the sketch and such fabby colours too, thanks for joining us at Aprils Rudolph Days Challenge,

Luv Sam x

scrappymo! said...

Great take on that sketch. I think this is a really pretty card. That pink colour is so lovely!

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.

SmilynStef said...

that embossing folder is perfection ... and I love the gorgeous snowflake border ... so very glad you got sketchy with us at jingle belles

lauren bergold said...

such a beautiful color palette and the perfect snowy ingredients for each element of the sketch! (kinda kicking myself bc i OWN that e/f and didn't think to use it for this, which of course it's IDEAL isn't it?!) so pleased you could join our SKETCH-mas fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥