Friday 3 April 2020

Master background cards

This week I decided to create a master background and see how many cards I could make from it. The first two are finished now so I thought I would share them with you.

Fist of all I took an A4 sheet of white card and sponged random blobs of distress inks over it. Then I sprayed with gold mica powder suspended in water and left it overnight to dry.

On the photos of the finished cards you can't really see the effect of the mica  so here is a close up of it


I cut two panels from the master card, one 14cm square to make a 15cm card and one just slightly smaller than an A6 card front.  There's enough left over to make one more small card and some bits for  die cutting and/or embellishing other cards. 


For this card I built up a scene using silhouette stamps and a black Versafine pad to give clear, intense images. The fairies are scattering fairy dust over the sentiment to make it even more magical!

I am sharing this with

A bit more time to craft extra- Anything goes 

Make My Monday - make your own background paper 

Sweet Stampin - Make your own background 


For this card I stamped the sentiment and the hare (for positioning purposes) onto the background card then stamped the hare again onto a piece of white card. Then I stamped the stars randomly over the  rest of the background and embossed them with gold powder. I coloured and fussy cut the hare and stuck him in place over the one I had stamped on the card.

I am sharing this with

Shopping our stash - Under the sun, moon and stars

Country View Challenges - Animal Magic 

2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything goes

Craft Rocket - Furry Friends 


15 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful spring time projects, Jane!

Crafting Queen said...

Love your background and the two cards you created. Great colours.

Jane said...

Wow Jane you have used the Creative stamping free stamps so beautifully here. They are a fab set aren't they. I love your colours too. Thanks also for joining in with our animal magic challenge over at Country View. Stay safe, hugs xxx

Dawn Phillips said...

They are really lovely. Love the added sparkle. Love Dawn x

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous backgrounds really spring-like cards awesome job.

Liz said...

Fabulous backgrounds Jane, especially with the added sparkle. Two beautiful cards. xx

Mrs A. said...

Two super cards from your background. I am rather partial to that hare. He looks great. Hope you are safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.

Chana Malkah said...

Both cards are masterfully crafted! Your composition and color integration is awesome. Thanks for a beautiful entry into our challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Fantastic background Jane, two wonderful cards.

Sue xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Great card ! Thank you so much for playing along with my 'Animal Magic' challenge over at Country View Challenges.
Corrie x

Miriam said...

Fabulous project. Thanks for joining in with the Country View Crafts challenge.

Basslady said...

your cards look so stunning!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

Donna said...

Holy Moly sistah!!!!
Your background is sooooo amazing!!!
Love love love!
Thanks so much for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew to celebrate the sun, moon and stars!!

Wei said...

Just stunning! Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

creativetimewithme said...

Lovely cards! Wonderful job coloring! Glad you were able to join us for the Make Your Own Background Paper challenge!


Hugs,
Mary Ellen, MMM DT - https://www.creativetimewithme.com/