Sunday 5 April 2020

Butterfly easel card

I made this card with some beautiful origami papers that my daughter brought back from a business trip to Japan a couple of years ago. I think the kraft paper makes the soft aqua and blue tones really glow.





The stamped butterfly focal point is kept simple so that it doesn't merge in with the background, and coloured with Promarkers to match the paper. I've left space on the base card for the sender to add a greeting, although looking at the photos I think perhaps I should add a panel of white card there to make it easier to write clearly.

I am sharing this with

Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything Goes 

Sweet Stampin - Things with Wings 

Crafty Calendar - add a butterfly 

Watercooler Wednesday - anything goes with a feminine twist 



9 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Jane, these papers are so beautiful and they do look good against the kraft card.

Sue xx

Chris said...

A beautiful easel card, the colours ARE gorgeous combined with the kraft! Thank you for playing along at Sweet Stampin this week.
Chris
x

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous card! thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card.

Mrs A. said...

Super Liz, gorgeous colours on the paper. . Stay safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.

Dawn Phillips said...

Gorgeous use of those papers hun. I was lucky enough to see the kimono exhibition before lock down hit. I love the Japanese fabrics and papers. Love Dawn x

Dawn T said...

A delightful easel card. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

Tristan said...

Lovely easel card Jane. I often put a white panel on the back for writing on. Love the colour scheme and the contract with the brown. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

Susan Renshaw said...

Super easel card! I love the papers you have used!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
Susan
DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!