Saturday 28 February 2015

A quick card for a Saturday morning

Yesterday I had a lovely day at the Make It Show in Farnborough. I didn't do TOO much shopping - in fact I went with a list and not only did I stick to it, I didn't actually buy everything on it - but I came away with loads of ideas and inspiration. I went to an encaustic painting workshop which reignited my love of it even though it must be about 20 years since I last did any, and a workshop with Debbie Moore showing us lots of ideas for making fancy folded and stepper cards with not a ruler, knife or scoring board in sight!

Anyway, before I can play with any of my new purchases or ideas, I need to clear up some of the bits and bobs out on my craft table, so I'm dashing in at the last minute to Pixie's Snippets Playground with a card I put together in a few minutes with some scraps of card and patterned paper. A bit of fussy cutting, a bit of die cutting and Robert's your Mother's brother.....


4 comments:

Di said...

Lovely card Jane - so bright and cheerful on a rainy and dark morning in the Playground! I do like the 'Robert's your Mother's brother' thing too - tee, hee :)

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

WOW! What a striking card. Love the colours. xx

Sarn said...

Very striking and well balanced card design with GREAT colour scheme. I LOVE it! xxx

Sue - said...

Super card Jane - I love those two colours together. I did some crafty shopping at the show yesterday as well - but not too much!