I've had this daffodil stamp for years - it's an unmounted one I got in a RAK, so I don't know its origins. In my glass painting days, I used to stamp it on acetate and colour it with glass paints, however when I got out my glass paints, neglected for about 10 years, they'd all dried up so that wasn't going to work.
First of all I stamped the design onto heat-embossable acetate. Most acetate won't work for this - it melts and buckles when the heat gun gets anywhere near it (Note to self - maybe it would be possible to create interesting textured embellishments that way). I get the embossable kind in small A6 sized pieces from a local craft shop. It needs to be embossed with clear powder, because even if you use an anti-static pad before stamping, a few grains of the embossing powder will inevitably stick to the acetate, so I stamped it with black Versafine ink and embossed with clear powder.
Having binned the glass paints, I coloured it in with Promarkers. They dry very slowly on acetate, and had a tendency to pool and streak - quite a contrast from using them on paper or card. When the colouring was dry, I cut out the acetate and mounted it onto white card with spray adhesive - most other kinds of adhesive would show through the acetate.
To make the backing card, I used an A6 card blank. I took a piece of scrap paper the same size as the front and folded it in half to cut the arch pattern, so it would be symmetrical, then used this as a template to cut out the card. I then covered the front with stonework paper printed from the CD The best of La Pashe 2012, trimmed it to shape and inked the edges.
I am sharing this with Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - Spring Flowers