Saturday 14 February 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

Ironic, isn't it, that over the last couple of weeks I've shared several Valentine's cards with you - and yet I haven't made one for my husband. Although to be fair, we had agreed well in advance that we weren't going to exchange cards as we don't really bother with Valentine's Day, apart from making sure we have a nice dinner and a bottle of wine - which we do every Saturday anyway!

However this week the challenge at Less Is More is a one layer challenge with the theme Love, so yet again as far as my crafting goes, love is in the air.

Earlier this week, I'd been very taken with the acrylic block background described on the Whiff of Joy blog,  had a little play on some scrap paper and thought it would be a great technique to bear in mind for one layer cards, so I couldn't wait to start playing this week!

I used a Picked Raspberry Distress Ink pad to cover my acrylic block, then spritzed it with water and used it to create a rectangle in the middle of my card. Once it was dry, I stamped the "LOVE" stamp - this was from a bundle of clear stamps that I won in a blog giveaway recently - and the tiny hearts,  in Memento ink. Then I coloured in the hearts. I didn't have a distress marker to match the inkpad but found a pretty close colour match among my markers.

10 comments:

Sid said...

Fab colours and stamping !

Sazzle Dazzle said...

This is super stunning and fantastic Jane.
Like you we don't do valentines cards although they are coming out of my ears from the 'production line' this year!!!
So thrilled you've shared this card with us and enjoy your meal and fizz tonight
Sarah
Less is More

Kathyk said...

Simply super ...... I used the acrylic block technique on my own entry but .... oh my - how differently our two entries are!!!

Kathyk

Kim Carberry said...

That is so pretty! I love the colours x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card. Love the way you did the pink background, thanks for the instructions. Great LOVE stamp too. So.... was your husband given the card? ;-) xx

Jan said...

This is great. Happy Valentines day. xx Jan

Jane Willis said...

No, he turned his nose up at it - too much pink!

Bea said...

hhi great card and really;ike the technique so popped over to the blog that inspired you and am going to have a go - :)

Anne said...

Hi Jane
Lovely background you created for your card!
Thanks for joining our love challenge
Anne
Less is More

Chrissie said...

Really vibrant Jane... great job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"