Saturday 7 February 2015

Whoo-ooo loves you?

This will probably be my last Valentine's Card for this year - all those ideas that have been cluttering up my brain have gradually been converted into paper and card and I'm beginning to think ahead to spring.

This card came about because the markings on the owl's breast looked rather like cute little hearts, and I wondered how it would look set against a night sky where the moon was replaced by a die cut heart. I rather like the result - I think a "heart moon" is going to appear quite often on my cards in future.

The owl was a free stamp from Craft Stamper magazine several years ago and the branch was from a set of stamps that came with another magazine, I think it was called Get Stamping and the stamp set came with the last ever issue.

I've left this free of words so that it can be used for any romantic occasion, not just Valentine's Day.



I'm sharing this with the following challenges:

Crafty Creations Challenges #282 - Owl Love You
Crafting Musketeers #22 - Cute
Suzy B's Blooming Challenge - Add something with wings
Sweet Stampin' - Add a Heart   

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is super cute! I love the heart moon! Such a fab effective card!
My mum loves owls I've just made and blogged an owl Valentine card I'm going to give her!
Lucy x

Camille Short said...

With the heart moon and all - I love this card!

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I would use this as a general friendship card too, it is adorable.

Claire Toplis said...

Superb

Owls have so many uses for cards

Linby said...

Love the owl shaped moon - fab card.
Lynn x

Anna-Karin said...

Cute owl. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hugs Anna-Karin

Cass said...

Super,fun card.Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Rachel said...

Super cute card, love the owl.
Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

mixamatoasties said...

Super card, I think I have that little owl somewhere!

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan