Friday 6 February 2015

Butterflies for Valentine's Day

I've been dithering over this card for days - I kept starting to make it and each time it headed off in a different direction and ended up either not including butterflies or not being suitable for Valentine's Day. Isn't it funny how craft can sometimes take on a life of its own and lead you off at a tangent?

Anyway, at last today the elements came together, helped by my remembering that I had a pack of pretty votive candle wraps that I'd bought from the wedding favour department of Hobbycraft. I backed one with red card and trimmed it to fit the card  and everything fell into place from there.


I'm sharing this with Butterflies & V is for Valentine at Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge

3 comments:

Liz said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! The votive candle wrap looks beautiful backed onto the red card - what a clever idea. I love the dainty butterflies too. All the elements go so well together.
Liz - Butterfly Challenge #23, Guest Designer. xx

Mrs A. said...

So glad you persevered. Your card looks lovely and I would not have known that the lovely filigree was for a candlewrap. Heart gems are so sparkly almost have a blueish tinge to them when the light catches them in a certain way. I love those butterflies. Don't believe I have that die cut in my collection. Sob,sob. Lol. Thankyou for fluttering by my #23. Hugs Mrs A.

Tracy Welham said...

Absolutely stunning! Creative Blessings, Tracy x