Thursday 26 February 2015

Everything stops for tea

If you know me in real life or on social media, you'll know that I am a card-carrying tea addict, so when I saw that the latest challenge at CD Sundays was Everything Stops For Tea I thought it was going to be easy. However, I couldn't find anything tea related on any of my CDs!

So, I decided to stamp an image and find a suitable background paper on one of my CDs. The image is a stamp I won from a magazine, it's a Papermania one and I've never used it before. I thought the ladies enjoying their afternoon tea looked very stylish and paired them with a background and (edited) sentiment from the gorgeous Joanna Sheen CD "The Age of Elegance" which I think I won in a previous CD Sundays challenge. You can't really see it in the photo, but I printed an extra sheet of the paper, this time in draft mode, to make an insert.

My idea with lightly colouring just the ladies was partly so as not to introduce lots of colours that didn't go with the paper, but also to give it the "hand tinted sepia" effect popular in the early part of the 20th century. However, I think it would have worked better with a more detailed stamp.


13 comments:

Sue - said...

Love this. I think your sepia image works really well with the background paper.

Wynn said...

Jane your background paper is very stylish and a perfect compliment to the 1920's stamped image. Love it!! Great sentiment too, just right for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday Wynn DT

Liz said...

Beautiful card. The background paper goes perfectly with the image. Love the colours. xx

Jocelyn said...

Very elegant, I love the colours and the partial colouring gives a lovely effect.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

A great card Jane. It reminds me of the terrace at Hampton Court where I have been for a cream tea.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

This is lovely Jane, I like the way you have brought the colours together, a difficult task with such fab backing paper.
Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday this time.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

Very chic Jane, I think it's lovely and the image is beautifully framed. I also like the two below all lovely.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday
sue-b DT xx

Christine said...

A lovely design Jane. Love the paper and you have complimented the ladies with a beautiful frame.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this time
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, such an elegant image and papers.
Pauline
x

meg said...

Beautifully elegant, love the image and colours

Pamela said...

I love what you've done with the stamped image - we're always our own worst critic! A really busy backing paper but it all goes really well together.

Claire Toplis said...

Elegance in tea awwh what a Beautiful card

Linby said...

wow-I love this. I have that stamp but not used it yet, I love how you put it with this fab paper (I have that cd too - off to look at the paper now). This card really reminds me of afternoon tea at the Palm Court in the Savoy.
Lynnx