Friday 9 October 2015

A double easel card

I've been playing around with different styles of easel cards ever since attending an excellent workshop with Debbi Moore at the Make It Show in Farnborough last winter. For this card I used paper and toppers printed out from the MCS Click, Print, Go Flawless Florals CD. I cut the front panel of an A5 card into two sections, according to the widths of the toppers I had selected, then folded both panels in half and cut full-height pieces of cream card to cover them. I decorated the two pieces of cream card, adding matting and layering to one and fully covering the other with paper, to make them look different yet matching, and covered the base with the same paper, matted and layered and decorated with cream paper lace and pink Guipure lace daisies.

I made the "stoppers" two different lengths, so that when the card is standing, the two panels sit in different positons, to add interest to the card.




The current challenge at CD Sundays is Blooming Marvellous and with all the flowers on the toppers and of course all those daisies, I'm joining in.
I'm also popping back over to Ruby's Rainbow with my second easel card of the fortnight.

11 comments:

meg said...

Love the summery feel to your card the lace daisies are the perfect finishing touch

sue-b said...

Always nice to see shaped cards you have worked this perfectly, great design and colours and very pretty images.
Thank you for joinus at CD Sunday.
sue-b xx

Pamela said...

What a lovely card. I love the way you've 'stepped back' the two uprights. Might have to pinch this idea sometime!

Monika Reeck said...

I never made double easel card
this is adorable and so creative Jane woooww I love all embellishment there too
great flower Image and great color combo
Jane I just follow you by email
also I hope everytime you post something I will get the update
it will make me not late to commenting your post
big hugs, Monika
PS: Hope you like to follow me by email too my friend

Monika Reeck said...

I planned to make a post with the Mag. from you...hope you dont minde Jane
if it is problem please tell me and I will not show it on my blog...please inform me per mail dear Jane

Wynn said...

Great card Jane. I love different card styles and his is so unusual. I'll definitely be trying to make this one. I love the colours on the image.....beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

Carol said...

Quite a work of art Jane. One for our Wynn I am sure. It must have taken quite a while to do.
Thank you for sharing.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card and a lot of work, wonderful easel card, I love the shapes you used, very different.
Margaret

shaz earl said...

Beautiful card! thanks for joining us again over at Ruby's Rainbow thank you for sharing with us
Shaz DT

Jocelyn said...

I love the shape you have made and with lots of lovely blooms.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Jane, such pretty colours and fabulous design.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Pauline GDT
x