Monday 6 April 2015

Black and white butterfly

Happy Easter! I've had a little break from crafting and blogging, and had a lovely relaxing few days, with the family over for lunch on Easter Sunday. While we were eating lunch, the first butterfly I've seen this year fluttered past the window - spring really IS on the way! (My husband would use a very different yardstick to judge the arrival of spring by - the very first asparagus shoot is peeping through the earth.)

Anyway, I had to celebrate by using a butterfly on a card, didn't I? I've used a strip of paper printed out from Debbie Moore's "Black and white chic boutique" CD and a butterfly cut using a Spellbinders die. I'd wanted the "With Love" words (cut with a Tattered Lace die) to curve around towards the edge of the card, but unfortunately they weren't flexible enough to do that properly. Perhaps peel-offs would have worked better.

I added a few green gems to the butterfly to highlight it and also to emphasis the fact that there is no colour on the rest of the card - simply black and white.



I'm entering this card into two challenges I never thought I'd find myself combining:

CD Sundays - Clean and Simple
Less is More - Predominantly Black 

10 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very elegant black and white Jane.

Hugs and love
Maarit

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very elegant black and white Jane.

Hugs and love
Maarit

Wynn said...

Beautiful CAS card Jane and perfect for our challenge at CD Sunday. Thank you for sharing it with us. I think Spring has finally arrived in Cyprus too......the wild tulips are blooming always a good sign. Wynn DT

Jocelyn said...

Very striking and perfect for our challenge. I love the message the butterfly brings with it.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Elegant, chic and striking Jane.
A perfect take on this week's challenge and thanks so much for playing along.
Sarah
Less is More

Chrissie said...

This is super Jane, such a great, striking design!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

starcyl said...

Perfect for our clean and simple challenge over at CD Sunday.
Many thanks for taking the time to join in with us.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

A beautiful CAS card Jane , clean and crisp, thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b DT xx

Carol said...

A wonderful CAS card Jane. Very striking and eye catching. Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

A beautiful CAS card Jane, love your design especially your butterfly.
Thanks for joining us this time.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT