Wednesday 29 April 2015

Silhouette tag

The inspiration for the current Tag You're It challenge inspired not only this tag but the lace background for the card in my previous post.








I've just treated myself  to a Dymo label making machine, the old fashioned hand held type, so this tag gave me a chance to play with it. I stamped and embossed the flowers in white on white card and then sponged all over with distress inks, using darker shades and heavier application towards the bottom and right of the tag. The flower silhouette stamp is an unmounted rubber one a friend gave me when I first started stamping. I don't know the brand or name, but it's one of my most often-used stamps.

The die cut words were made with a Cuttlebug die (an ancient one, it came with an embossing folder of dandelion clocks or allium heads, I can't remember the name) in the Grand Calibur.  I've noticed  since changing from the Cuttlebug to the Grand Calibur that some of my Cuttlebug dies are looking bowed in the middle, it must be the higher pressure of the newer machine. I know it probably doesn't make any difference to their effectiveness, but it's not very aesthetically pleasing - do any of you know a way of flattening them?


As well as Tag You're It I am sharing this with
Mod Squad - Emboss resist 
Cuttlebug Mania - We Love to Stamp
Addicted to Stamps - Make Your Mark

10 comments:

Julie B said...

Love your tag Jane, I borrowed that stamp from my friend the other day but didn't use it for my tag in the end!
Thanks for sharing at ATSM as well. :)

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

Jane, this is a great tag and wonderful take on our challenge this week. Thanks for sharing your creative talent with us @ Cuttlebug Mania!
Blessings,
Belinda

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous tag!! Really love the colors for your background here!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Unknown said...

Hiya Jane, Thank you for sharing this lovely creation . We love the colors and the delicate flowers. DymoSupport

Neets B said...

I love the black and white paired with those citrus shades, fabulous tag. And I knew I recognised that stamp, I've just raided my stash and it's part of a large set of stamps called Meadow Breeze from Inkylicious. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Joyce Erb said...

Your tag looks great! Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Tenia Nelson said...

Too cool!! Thanks for playing at ATSM!!

anja curvers said...

Such a cool tag thanks for joining us over at tag you're it.

Marybeth said...

This is such a beautiful tag and I love the color. Sorry I can’t help you with the name . Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It!

Kimbo said...

Love the colours Jane, great tag

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x