Sunday 19 April 2015

Purple Crazy

The CD Sunday Challenge Blog is having an extra challenge this month, in memory of talented and well known crafter Wendy, also known as Purple Crazy, who passed away a short while ago. And the title of the challenge is, of course, Purple Crazy.

Here is the card I have made for the challenge. I used a very old CD - the very first craft CD I ever owned - called Fantasy Floral from Artylicious. I printed the background paper and a sheet of panels and labels in co-ordinating shades of purple. Then I stamped a sentiment on the square panel, and cut out some of the flowers and leaves from the leftover backing paper after covering my card base, layering them with some die cut swirls to create a focal point.


8 comments:

Liz said...

Oh Jane, this is just lovely. Beautiful colours and design. x

Christine said...

A gorgeous card Jane and i know that Wendy would have loved it. It is good to re-visit older CD's, I have this one so thanks for reminding me about it. Love your flowers and flourishes. Thanks for joining in our tribute to Wendy.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Wynn said...

Love everything about this card Jane. I know Wendy would have loved this too. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

Jocelyn said...

Love this. Those 3D flowers are great.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

Beautiful card, love the Image and layout, great card for our tribute challenge to Wendy(purple crazy). Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
Sue-b xx

starcyl said...

Such a pretty card, I'm pleased you have joined us for our Purple Crazy challenge over at CD Sunday and best of luck.

Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

A beautiful card. Just right for our Challenge.
Thank you for joining in with us in our celebration of Wendy.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Marina said...

Congratulations! This is beautiful and your win is well-deserved.