Monday 27 April 2015

Did you miss me?

Sorry I've been quiet for a few days, I've been away to France to visit my daughter, son in law and my gorgeous little 16 month old granddaughter. I really wish airports had craft rooms where we could go to play while we wait - after all they have children's play areas and bars, so why not craft rooms?

Anyway I'm back and trying to pick up on a few challenges I've missed out on while I was away, so I'm bundling a couple of cards together in a one-size-fits-all post.

First up, a card I made with odds and ends of leftover card. I really wish I'd remembered to back the card for that delicate die cut border with adhesive sheet before I cut it! But a cocktail stick and some PVA glue (and a great deal of swearing) worked as an alternative.......


I'm entering this card into
Less is More week 221 - Use a Tag
Addicted to CAS - #62 Black, white and gold
Pixie's Snippets Playground -   week 174

My second card is also one for the Playground - in fact it used up more snippets than it appears to, because my first attempt used different wording, cut from individual letters, but I lost some and had to re-cut them (I think I may have a B and an S somewhere inside my bra right now) and then even with the help of my trusty post it notes I made such a pig's ear of lining them up that I had to go right back to the drawing board.

I'm also entering it into AAA Challenge #38 - There's a Hole in my card


Anyway, it worked the second time around and has the added bonus of leaving me with the die cut leaf  swirl shape to use on another project.





14 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Hey that gold is looking gorgeous Jane full of glamour, drama and opulence. Love it. I'm with you on the airport craft room idea - what an incredible idea! Hmmmm! Oh sorry your other card is fantastic too and an ingenious 'hole' in the card with the design paper showing through. Looks great. Thanks for playing along at both Less is More and AAA Cards. Sarah x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome cards - love the use of gold - Thanks for joining in at AAA~~

Di said...

Two great cards Jane! I do so love the black and gold one and the open die cut on the front of your second card is a great idea! Clever girl!

Hugs

Di xx

Bonnie said...

I love this elegant gold tag! WOW! Such a beautiful CAS card! So glad you shared this with us at ATCAS!

Jane said...

An amazing swirly hole in your second card, so pretty. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Chrissie said...

What lovely cards, I love the opulence of the gold on your first one!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Loll said...

Jane ... you are so funny!! I agree, they should have craft rooms for us where we have to wait for a long time! :) LOVE your gold tag card ... so shiny and pretty. And I can just imagine how much fun it was gluing down the intricate border (NOT!). :) Love the second card too .. so pretty with the patterned paper showing through. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS.

Anne said...

Love your gold tag Jane and glad you enjoyed some time away!
Thank you for joining us at Less is More
Anne
Less is More

Neets B said...

Beautifully rich gold tag and I love the little white die cut flower.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More GD

Darnell said...

Welcome home! These are exquisite creations, Jane! And, boy, do I love your idea of craft rooms at airports!! Hugs, Darnell

Jenny Colacicco said...

How clever! I love the textured card stock which gives it an almost country feel to go with the vine and butterfly. And the pop of patterned paper through to the front is inspired. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards! Jenny x

Unknown said...

Oh, I love your idea with craft rooms at airport, that would have been great! ( But I would probably miss my flights if there where...hahah ) Both your card are really beautiful, Thanks for sharing it with us over at Addicted to CAS!

Justine Hovey said...

That is a gorgeous hole in your card :) Thanks for playing over at AAA Cards! Justine

wienerhoneymooners said...

Sooo PRETTY!!! ABSOLUTELY Fabulous! I hope you join in for MANY chances to WIN prizes on the AAA Birthday BASH!!
Thanks for joinin us!